Friday, February 27, 2009

Megalon the Pimp: Construct Him, Bitches!

We had a surreal moment today at the Barker household. We were finishing dinner, and Viri turns to J and says, "Help me make a Megalon, bitch."

Wait, what? Did you just command us, curse us, demanding we construct a monster for you? We asked him to repeat, to clarify. "Megalon please, bitch!" This time the hands are waving around. He's getting exasperated with us for not taking care of the issue at hand. The please is a nice touch, son, but I'm not sure I like what is going on. I hope we're wrong. Could you show us? "No, I can't show you a bitch. It just is." Okay, a fair point... you need an example.

I finally get him into the living room, where he models what he wants. Apparently it's a Megalon bridge, for Megalon to knock down. This is much better, and really puts the please in a proper context. Bitch and please just sound odd together.

I'm glad he wasn't trying out new curses or anything, but I was a tiny bit disappointed. Because if he had been saying what I had thought, the hilarity of it would have made the insult almost worth it.

I really needed this after my day today. It was another frustrating work experience, with me stuck trying to plug the proverbial dam. I have said many times that for 40k a year, no problem, I would deal with the stupid problems without complaint. But for ten bucks an hour, it is above my pay grade. Thankfully I have an awesome family to come home to. I am so glad to be done and out of the Bastyr craziness in a few months. I have reached the limit of my patience. I'm angry, and I don't do anger well. It isn't a natural state for me. I walk away when I get mad. When it's a work situation, it's harder to just walk away. Centuries of West Virginia conditioning make this an impossible situation for me; it's fight or flight.

I need Viri to come in and solve the problem. "Look, bitches, I don't want to argue! Just get to making a Megalon. I don't have all day!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, did you help him make a Megalon, bitch?!

Ryan Beggar said...

unfortunately no. the closest was looking up discontinued plush megalons...

cathyjoel said...

Reminds me of the time my niece asked me for a f@#k and spoon!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't allowed to say "truck" for the longest time.

The discontinued plush ones are discontinued, but you can still find them on Ebay for way too much. (Well, like $30ish).

I never saw Megalon looking so cute, bitch.