Sunday, December 28, 2008

After the Snow

We've finally returned to real Seattle weather here: Mid-40s, overcast, the snow on the ground all but disappeared. Feels good to be back to normal.

We could travel over to the PCC Co-op and grab a nice field roast bbq sandwich and a pint of vegan potato salad. All is well with the world.

I enjoy the holidays, and I enjoy snow. But I'm happy to return to my normal crazy schedule as well. Jaime and I have developed a fun west coast/ big city system in the past few years, and I've grown accustomed to it. I love Seattle, I really do. But there are some fun/silly/annoying aspects. I'm guilty of some of this myself. I wouldn't be a true Seattle-ite if I weren't.

The three secrets of being a west coast big city person, or WCBC for short:

1. Care about food. You don't have to be vegan or eat all organic. In fact, an occasional burger at Johnny Rocket's helps you, because it highlights your otherwise organic lifestyle. I talk about food more than anything else.

2. Complain about your city. This can be weather, growth, traffic or city planning. Preferably all three.

3. Revile the Democrats, but vote for them. (Bonus points if you worry about Obama selling you out before he is even in office while sporting an Obama sticker on your car.)

But I kid you, Seattle! You're a fine old town. Put in a decent light rail system and I'll be yours forever.

No comments: