Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tomorrow Is A Day

I am back into my normal routine tomorrow. Instead of mostly caring for the kids, I am full time caring for the kids, and working with other kids who I didn't sire. It's busy, crazy fun. I have mentioned often enough that I like kids, so I won't repeat myself more than I have to. Okay, I will repeat myself more than I have to, just not more than I can. That's all I'll promise.

I'm excited to be back into my schedule, really. The one thing I will not miss is the freedom to take the kids everywhere. This week, we've been to the zoo, the beach, the library, and stayed home. I've been doing my normal work with them, but wherever I wanted. I've had the ability to rework a plan when they are hungry, or fussy. When I'm with other kids, I can't shift gears so fast. And I am nothing if not a creature of habit. I'm such a creature of habit that I use cliches like creature of habit, even though they make no sense.

I hope all goes well tomorrow. I'm stocking up on food, I have various toys ready. They are going to bed at 7:30 tonight to give them a good night's sleep. I've planned it all perfectly. Which, as we know, means absolutely nothing when dealing with kids. Especially my kids. Which is a big reason I love it.

No comments: