Sunday, August 29, 2010

Autumn Exists

It's almost fall. The weather is getting cool, school is about to start. (Teachers care a lot about fall.) And for the first time in many years, I live in a place that actually has an autumn. I'm excited. Fall has always been my favorite season, and I'm happy I get the chance to enjoy it.

Enjoying fall means driving the kids through the country to see leaves and drink cider. It means begging Jaime to bake treats. (But honestly every season means that. Fall just means I'll get more treats per beg.) Fall means food and cool weather. If I had more time, fall would mean long walks under beautiful foliage. But I don't imagine I'll be walking anywhere except to to and from school.

I'm anxious to get the school year started. I'm really anxious to get into the semester and get some of my projects done. It's insane to think that this time next year I'll have my own elementary school class. The first step to that is getting into the fall and accomplishing my work. The leaves turning red is just a bonus.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i do miss fall! i love the leaves, and pumpkins, and the fun baked goods and the crisp air.

we're planning on going to one of the pumpkin patches this year, but picking pumpkins in raincoats and rain boots just isn't the same.

have fun! i bet the kids will love an east coast fall!